Mrs. Lemons is hosting a getting to know you linky party. She is asking that we share some of our quirks or interesting facts that make us who we are. Since I have been in hiding for I while, I thought I'd join in the fun. Lord knows I have some quirks! LOL...
1. In high school I worked in an Hallmark store. During the Easter season, I had the priviledge of wearing a full bunny costume. The Moms would bring their cuties in for pictures and some were not excited to see the Easter Bunny!
2. If I was not a teacher, my dream job would be to be an entertainment reporter.
3. Another dream of mine is to play the part of Sandy from Grease. I know every song by heart!
4. When I wash my hands in a public restroom, I always get 3 towels to dry my hands. Not sure why but it has to be 3.
4. As a little girl, I was obsessed with Princess Diana. I had to have every magazine she was ever featured in. My cousin and I always played 'Princess Di' and would take turns playing the princess.
5. My southern accent can be pretty obvious. My first year teaching a little boy that was originally from up north went home and told his mom that his teacher was from a different country because I 'talked funny'. His mom laughed when she met me and realized I was just a southern gal!
6. I was in a Jello eating contest during my senior year in high school! The use of hands was not allowed! (I came in 2nd place.)
7. The made for TV movie about the life of Ryan White was partially filmed at my high school. They used students as extras and I was in the movie. Well, you could see me walking in the background! :)
We spent the school day filming.
8. For any NASCAR fans, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and I were in the same 4th grade class. He is the next to the last boy sitting on the ground (in the Dale Earnhardt tshirt) and I am in the white shirt standing beside the teacher. The 1980s...you got to love the fashion! :)