Thursday, January 13, 2011

Letterland

I know there are a lot of phonics programs out there but I wanted to give my two cents about one of the best phonics programs I have found.  It is Letterland and it works!!!  My team adopted this program this year and we are amazed at how much the students have learned in such a short time.  This program is about a secret place called Letterland.  Each letter is a different character that will help the kids remember its sound.  The kids are in love with these characters and even the parents tell me that the kids talk about it at home nonstop.  How wonderful is that the the kids are so excited about learning!  I love it!!! Check out the website for the program at http://www.letterland.com/
  Even our first grade teachers, who have been die hard Saxon Phonics fans, have used Letterland this year and are very happy and excited about what it is doing.  What phonics programs are you using in your schools?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I am a teacher in Australia and I also love Letterland!

    ReplyDelete